How the ParkNOW! System WorksUsing ParkNOW! is EASY! To register, simply click on the registration link HERE or call the Help/Registration Desk. Then call the local pay by cell phone number to start your parking session. You can now also use our new text-to-park feature!
To Start Parking
- Call the local pay by cell phone number with your cell phone which is listed on the meter sticker or nearby sign.
- You will be prompted to enter the meter, space, or zone number.
- Next select the amount of time you wish to park.
- You will receive voice and text messages confirming the start of your parking session. Note: Time will NOT appear on your meter except in Decatur.
- You will be charged a small convenience fee, generally 25-45 cents, for each parking transaction.
- In some locations you can call the same number back to terminate your parking session and pay only for actual time parked.
Smartphone AppsNow use your Android phone, iPhone, other smart phones to access and manage your account and start/stop parking sessions over the phone. To get the app you may:
- Download it from an app store by clicking on the icons below (Blackberry coming soon)
- Download it from your account home page once you have registered, or
- Just use the browser to access our website at www.goparknow.com and log-in if already a registered user or click on the register button to get your ParkNOW! account established
**NEW** use your ParkNOW! App to park by QR code in the St. Elmo/Cordell Ave. garage in Bethesda, Fort Lee and Athens. Just scan the code and click on the ParkNOW button to start your parking session! Click HERE to watch the video-guide.
Text-To-Park ®If you prefer text messaging or have a hearing disablility you can use a text message to stop/start your parking sessions. Just text the command Park followed by the location (city) and space number to 32075. For Montgomery County use MC, for Decatur use Decatur, and for Hudson use Hud1 for the location.
The parking duration (length of time) is optional and vary by location: Decatur (15m, 30m, 45m, 1h, 2h); MC (15m, 30m, 45m, 1h, 2h and up to 3h, 4h, 5h, 10h, 15h depending on the zone); and Hudson (1d...6d and 1w... 4w) where max duration is 30 days or 4weeks. Examples follow for each location. Include a space between each field :
- Park MC 57123 2h to 32075 (Park in Montgomery County, space number 57123 for 2 hours)
- Park Decatur 720 30m to 32075 (Park in Decatur, space number 720 for 30 minutes)
- Park Hud1 190 2d to 32075 (Park in Hudson, space number 190 for 2 days)
An example if you chose not to include the parking duration time follows:
- Park MC 57123 to 32075
In order to extend your parking session use the ADD command to add time to your existing session up to the allowable limit as follows: (note the time to be added depends on the current parking policy)
- Park Add 30m (valid durations are: 15m, 30m, 1h to 4h, 12h, 1d to 6d or 1w to 4w)
You can stop the parking session by sending the following message:
- Park Done to 32075
Personal Web AccountWeb account user name and password:
A personal account will be created for you when you register.
You will receive your user id and password by text message (from 32075), or from the ParkNOW operator if registering by phone, which will allow you to login and access your personal account page at www.goparknow.com. Here you will provide your personal and credit card data needed for subsequent parking sessions. In most cases your username is simply your cell phone number.
1) If you forget your password needed to access the web service, simply call (212) 796-5624 with your cell phone. You will hear a voice message confirming that a new pin will be sent to you
2) Or you may also text PARK PASS to 32075
3) You will shortly receive a text message with both your user id and pin.
Functions available on the web:
- Parking history
- Payments history
- Start/terminate parking via web (go to your My Phones page)
- Add new phone number or car to the account
- Change language selection
- Replenishment of your mobile parking account